Medical Terminology (RXMTB)
• Will introduce the student to the language of medicine and an understanding of how complex medical terms are formed. Will build and develop a student’s medical vocabulary so they are better able to communicate with healthcare professionals.
• Not a certification course.
• Books included in tuition.
• There is a lot of information that is covered at a very fast pace. Students must be prepared to study outside of class to ensure their success.
• Flash cards, transparencies, and word games will be utilized to assist the student’s recall and learning process.
• Students receive a set of 128 flash cards and a student practice disk with the purchase of their book.
• This course is an excellent preparation course for pre-med students, medical secretaries, medical transcriptionists, etc.
• Satisfies the Medical Terminology prerequisite for the Practical Nursing and Radiologic Technologist programs at Meridian Technology Center.
• Satisfies the Medical Terminology prerequisite for the Practical Nursing and Radiologic Technology programs at Meridian Technology Center.
• Structure of the Human Body
• The Skeletal System
• The Muscular System
• The Cardiovascular System
• The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
• The Respiratory System
• The Digestive System
• The Urinary System
• The Nervous System
• Special Senses: Eyes and Ears
• The Integumentary System
• The Endocrine System
• The Reproductive Systems
• Diagnostic & Imaging Procedures
• General Medical Terminology
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
(Health, Nursing, Rad-Tech)
To view other short-term classes go to https://sis.meridiantech.edu/CE_Intro2.cfm