Medication Administration Technician (RXMT)
• Students will learn how to properly administer medications in an environment where nursing care is not required – such as group homes or residential care facilities.
• Certification course.
• All books included in tuition.
• MAT program is designed to provide training required by Oklahoma HB 1092 (May 87) and amended by HB 1880 (June 88).
• Its goal is to enable facility personnel to help meet the health care needs of residential care/group home clients safely and effectively.
• The class will also make the students aware of what constitutes liability when assisting clients.
• State law requires a minimum of 15 hours training, which this course covers, and at least eight hours of update training annually (see MAT Update).
• To be eligible for a certificate of completion, a student must complete the entire class. Absent hours will constitute a failure of completion.
• Students must be able to read and write at a minimum of an eighth grade level. Oral testing will not be conducted at Meridian Technology Center.
• Class moves at a fast pace. Student must be prepared to study outside of class in order to ensure success.
• Students must test and score a minimum of 85 percent overall and demonstrate the appropriate skills in order to pass the class.
Module 1 Ethical/Legal Issues and Documentation
Module 2 Administering Medications
Module 3 Vital Signs
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
(Health, Medical, Medicine, Certification)