Certified Medication Aide (RXCMA)
• A state regulated training program, this course will prepare and train individuals working in nursing/health facilities to administer medications. Students will learn (1) oral, rectal, and topical administration applications and (2) how medications affect systems of the body. The course includes 40 hours of classroom and laboratory work, and 16 hours of supervised clinical experience.
• Student must be a current Certified Nurse Aide listed on the Nurse Aide Registry through the Oklahoma State Department of Health with no abuse notations.
• Student must show proof of having worked for a minimum of six months as a CNA.
• Student must be at least 18 years of age.
• Student must have a high school or high school equivalency diploma.
• Student must have physical and mental capability to safely perform duties of CMA.
• Student must score an average of 80% or above on all tests and complete all assignments.
• Student must perform medication passes to 20 individuals with 100% accuracy during supervised practical experience.
• Upon completion of the course, the student must pass a written examination administered by the state. Upon successful completion of the course and the state exam, the
completer’s name is placed on the Oklahoma Nurse Aide Registry as a Certified Medication Aide through the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
• The Certified Medication Aide
• Medication Basics
• Medication Safety
• Medication Effects
• Medication Administration
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
For all our short course offerings, visit meridiantech.edu/catalog.
(Health, Medical, CMA, CNA, Nurse Aide)