• This recertification course is for those individuals who currently hold certification in American Heart Association Basic Life Support Provider. Students will be brought up-to-date on American Heart Association guidelines that may have changed since their last certification. Students will be required to demonstrate their skills and take a written examination.
• AHA Certification is obtained upon successful completion.
• Current AHA Basic Life Support Provider certification. If certification has expired, students are required to take the initial Basic Life Support course – there is no grace period).
• Students must attend the entire class to be eligible for completion.
• Students must demonstrate 100 percent competency of the skills learned and pass a written test with 84 percent or better to successfully complete certification requirements.
• Certification is for two years.
• Majority of class time will be spent on the floor practicing/reviewing skills utilizing the manikins. Students are encouraged to dress comfortably.
Update on American Heart Association Guidelines
Practice-Review of all Skills
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211