• As required by law, this class meets the minimum eight-hour requirement for annual update training in Medication Administration.
• Certification course.
• Medication Administration Training certification.
• All books included in tuition.
• MAT Update program is designed to provide update training required by Oklahoma HB 1092 (May 87) and amended by HB 1880 (June 88).
• Students may enroll in this class only if their current MAT certification has not expired.
• State law requires a minimum of eight hours update training, which this course covers.
• To be eligible for a certificate of completion, a student must complete the entire class. Absent hours will constitute a failure of completion.
• Students must be able to read and write at a minimum of an eighth grade level. Oral testing will not be conducted at Meridian Technology Center.
Special Precautions relating to blood spills/body fluids
Links in the Chain of Infection
Guidelines for Preventing Infection
Verify Right of Medication Administration
Verify Purposes of Medication and their Common Abbreviations & Symbols
Verify Storing and Handling of Medications
Verify Administration of Medications
Verify Symbols for Documentation of Vital Signs
Verify Charting of Vital Signs
Conversion of Fahrenheit and Centigrade (Celsius) Temperature Readings
Legal Issues and Residents’ Rights
Standards of Care
Signs, symptoms, and Treatment
Drug and drug-food Interactions
Chart Medication Administration and Resident Care
Standard Abbreviations and Symbols
General Guidelines for Charting
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
(MAT, Health, Medical, Medicine)