• A comprehensive program that teaches the basic techniques of adult, child, and infant CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) and the use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator). This course is designed for lay rescuers and those who may need to respond to a cardiac emergency.
• AHA Certification in CPR and AED is obtained upon successful completion.
• Heartsaver CPR AED Student Workbook
• All books included in tuition
• Students must attend the entire class to be eligible for completion.
• Students must demonstrate 100 percent competency of the skills learned and pass a written test with 84 percent or better to successfully complete certification requirements.
• Majority of class time will be spent on the floor practicing/learning skills utilizing the manikins. Students are encouraged to dress comfortably.
• Certification is for two years.
Module 1 CPR and AED for Adults
Module 2 Choking in an Adult
Module 3 CPR and AED for Children
Module 4 How to Help a Choking Child
Module 5 CPR for Infants
Module 6 How to Help a Choking Infant
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
(Health, Medical, Certified, Daycare, Teacher, Basic)
Course Section Description
For lay rescuers assigned as first responders to emergencies in the workplace or community. Provides training in adult, child and infant CPR and use of an AED. Must pass skills test for certification.