• Paraprofessional educators are an essential element to ensuring students with disabilities succeed in the classroom. Working under the supervision of a certified instructor, they assist in providing instructional and direct services to children.
• Student must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• CPR/AED Certification
• Book included in tuition.
• Individuals must attend all class sessions to receive certification.
• This course is designed to meet the required training for special education paraprofessionals in Oklahoma.
• Legal Foundations of Special Education
• Responsibilities and Ethics
• IEP Participation
• Disability Awareness & Instructional Strategies
• Communication & Interaction Strategies
• Behavior Strategies, Progress Monitoring & Data Collection
• First Aid Certification
• Bloodborne Pathogens Training
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
(Parapro, Health, Medical, School, Helper)
Course Section Description
Special Education Paraprofessional class