• This recertification course is for those individuals who currently hold certification in American Heart Association Pediatric Advanced Life Support. Students will be brought up-to-date on American Heart Association guidelines that may have changed since their last certification. Students will be required to demonstrate their skills and take a written examination.
• AHA Certification is obtained upon successful completion.
• Current AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification (if certification has expired, students are required to take the initial Pediatric Advanced Life Support course – there is no grace period).
• Students should bring their book.
• Students must attend the entire class to be eligible for completion.
• Student must demonstrate 100 percent skill competency and pass a written test with 84 percent or better to successfully complete certification requirements.
• Certification is for two years.
• Majority of class time will be spent on the floor practicing/reviewing skills utilizing the manikins. Students are encouraged to dress comfortably.
Update on American Heart Association Guidelines
Practice/Review of all Skills
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
(PALS, Toddler, Infant, CPR, Health, Medical)