• This course is designed to further develop the skills of long-term care aides to work in a home care setting effectively.
• This course consists of 16 hours required in order to be deemed onto the nurse aide registry as a home health aide if student is currently a certified long-term care aide on the registry.
• Student must be a Certified Long-Term Care Aide.
• Student will gain knowledge in the subject matters below:
• To gain knowledge in home care for the Certified Long-Term Care Aide
• To gain knowledge in home management
• Be aware and assist with nutrition and meal preparation
• Learn the skills of adapting personal care activities in the clients’ home
• Observing clients’ medication
• Learn the skills of observing, recording, and reporting
• To gain knowledge in special procedures and emergency care
• The student is required to attend and participate in 16 hours of coursework
• All assignments and test must be submitted at the time specified by the instructor.
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
(Home Care, Medical, CNA Certified, Nurse Aide)
Course Section Description
Will satisfy 16-hour training requirements to be eligible for deeming onto Nurse Aide Registry as a Home Health Aide. Pre-requisite: Must hold current designation as a Long Term Care Aide in the state of Oklahoma.