• This detailed course is for health care providers and other professional rescuers. Those who take this course are employed in the health field or are students in health occupations training programs. Students will learn the skills of one- and two-rescuer CPR utilizing mouth-to-mask and bag-mask techniques. You will also be taught proper use of an AED (Automated External Defibrillator) and how to relieve choking. Skills learned will enable you to recognize emergencies such as sudden cardiac arrest and know how to respond to them.
• AHA Certification is obtained upon successful completion.
• All books included in tuition
• Students must attend the entire class to be eligible for completion.
• Students must demonstrate 100 percent competency of the skills learned and pass a written test with 84 percent or better to successfully complete certification requirements.
• Certification is for two years.
• Majority of class time will be spent on the floor practicing/learning skills utilizing the manikins. Students are encouraged to dress comfortably.
For more information, please call the Health Occupations desk at (405) 377-3333 ext. 209 or 211
(Health, Medical, CPR, Hospital)